1. St John Ambulance Australia is committed to best-practice privacy standards
2. Collecting information
When you visit this website, the personal information we collect is:
- what you voluntarily tell us about yourself or your organisation, for instance through via (but not limited to) emailing us, booking a course, purchasing a product online or registering an Automatic External Defibrillator;
- information from other sources if necessary, with your consent;
- passwords where required for accessing the St John Members' Area or discussion forums; or
- your IP address for certain applications.
3. Our use and disclosure of your personal information
St John Ambulance Australia will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so. We will take all reasonable steps to:
- keep information we hold about you secure, accurate and up-to-date; and
- ensure that our employees respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Electronic mail addresses will not be added to a mailing list unless by consent.
5. Information logged
The following information is logged for statistical purposes only when you visit our website: your server address; your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc); the date and time of your visit to the site; the pages you accessed and documents downloaded; the previous site you have visited; and the type of browser you are using.
6. Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. St John Ambulance Australia in not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
7. How to access, correct or update your information
If you need to know what personal information is held about you on our website, please email the Privacy Officer. We will make your information available within a reasonable timeframe. You should notify the Privacy Officer immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of information you have provided to St John through our website.
8. Making a complaint
Sometimes, St John might get things wrong. If you have a concern about your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint and we will do everything we reasonably can to rectify the situation. If you wish to make a complaint, contact us at email@example.com or via post at:
National Privacy Officer
St John Ambulance Australia
PO Box 292 Deakin
West ACT 2600